Skip to main content

Sensational Organizing Client Highlight

 


Sensational Organizing Services
www.Sensationalorganizing.com

Elva Fonseca is the owner of Sensational Organizing Services, a professional organizing service for individuals and businesses. Sensational Organizing Services takes care of all the details including hauling away the unwanted items, decluttering, and procuring the organizational containers.



Founded in 2015, the business was doing ok as they were getting clients, but Elva recognized there were still gaps involved with running her business that she wanted to address. “I didn’t go to school to run a business. I just knew how to do my trade and how to serve people, but as far as running a business was operating out of trial and error,” Elva explained. She reached out to the San Dimas Chamber and was eventually referred to the University of La Verne SBDC.

The specific challenges Elva had were a steady flow of clients and communicating the pricing of her services with clients. “I didn’t know what my marketing strategy was to get more people through the door or the phone to give me a call,” Elva said. As for pricing, Elva had difficulty answering objections and justifying her pricing to clients who showed resistance to her services. “I’ve always grown up helping people and so I felt that if I charged I would scare people away or would seem like I was taking advantage of people. Pricing was always an issue because I wanted to serve but I felt like I couldn’t make ends meet,” Elva explained.

The University of La Verne SBDC Director Sean Snider, helped Elva analyze what past clients said in testimonials and helped set up a marketing plan and Google Ads to attract more potential clients. Sean also reviewed Sensationalorganizing.com and made recommendations to make the website easier to use and easier to contact Elva for services. “Sean is a very easy person to talk to and so I felt it was very easy to open up and be very transparent about the inner struggles I was having,” Elva said.


“I just want to thank SBDC for existing and being a resource for us. Because without valuable resources like this, I don't think businesses could thrive in situations such as the pandemic where a lot of businesses struggled. Just having resources like is a Godsend.”


Elva was also referred to another Consultant Louise Brewer, who helped Elva with social media marketing, primarily on Instagram. Louise was able to analyze Elva’s presence on social media and was able to recommend a strategy and some tips on creating better photos and more engaging content on the platform. “She showed how to take pictures with cleaner lines and more attractive to potential clients. As well as making more engaging content, what happens behind the scenes, and what a typical job looks like from start to finish.”

Elva has had a substantial change in her business since meeting with the University of La Verne SBDC. Sensational Organizing Services was able to nearly triple the number of sales since working with the SBDC. “It was amazing to see the transformation from one year to the next when I started working with Sean. The pricing aspect made a huge difference as well as the marketing. We increased our sales from about $50,000 -$60,000 a year to, in 2021, we made $167,000,” Elva explained.

Comments